Dear Families,
Can you believe we’ve already completed our second week of school after the break?!  It is zipping by!  Not surprisingly for our class though as we’re having so much fun learning and growing together!  Have I shared just how lucky I am to be your child’s teacher?  Being in this position is truly a dream come true for me :) Have a great weekend!

Procedure Presentations:
I’m sure many students came home sharing with you all about the tasty treats they consumed from watching and listening to their peers' procedural writing presentations.  I would like to thank all my families who took the time and energy to work with your child on this and to provide food samples for our whole class.  It meant a lot to us and when we evaluated the recipes, I heard a lot of 10 out of 10 or 5 stars!  Delicious!!  I am proud of my students who took great care in this assignment as it has helped them develop a greater understanding of writing a procedure.  Enjoy the sweet pics! 






















Honesty Assembly & Spirit Day:
Just another reminder that our next character recognition assembly will be taking place on Thurs. Jan. 25th during period 5 beginning at 1:40 - 2:30 p.m.  All families are welcome to attend!  It'll be a fun one as it's a spirit day as well.  Students are asked to dress in their favourite Sport's Jersey!!  As many know, I'm a huge sports fan so I can't wait to wear mine and see what my students wear as well!  I'll be sure to get a class picture of us with our sporty attire :)

Kups for Kids:
I’m excited to announce that on Monday morning during Period 1 and 2 from approximately 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. our class along with Mrs. O’s will participate in a support program fundraiser which raises awareness about homelessness.  As part of our art curriculum, your child will be painting a cup to be sold at an event to be used to sample soups.  Additionally, your child will learn about homelessness in our community and how they will be supporting Home Horizon which enables the transformation in the lives of homeless women, children, and youth through support, counselling, and housing. 

If you wish to purchase your child’s cup, please return the form that was sent home with payment to the school next week.

A Message from Mrs. Dhillon:
​I am writing this message to our Nottawa families to inform you that today, Friday, January 19th will be my last day as Acting Principal at Nottawa Elementary School.  Although I am excited about returning to my retirement and being able to pursue new adventures, I am also sad to leave such a warm, and welcoming school community.  Over the past months that I have spent at Nottawa, I have had the privilege to meet and work with wonderful students, parents and staff.  Each day my conversations with students and staff have filled me with such pride and respect for the learning and character education that happens at this school.  You can feel confident that Nottawa is supported by a committed School Council, dedicated volunteers and a hard working talented staff that recognize and celebrate all students' achievements.

Mr. Perry is looking forward to returning to Nottawa and has missed his daily interactions with staff and students while he has been recovering from his hip replacement surgery. 
Thank you to everyone that I have had the pleasure of getting to know and work with at Nottawa Elementary School.   I wish you all laughter, fun, adventure and whatever joys will brighten your days as you continue your educational journey. 
Sincerely,
Fran Dillon

Bailey:
Wow!  Thank you Bailey for demonstrating initiative and doing a procedure all on your own at home and then bringing it into school today to share with your peers!  You've been a inspiration as I'm hearing more students wanting to do something similar.  This is what it's all about!  Taking our learning and then applying it at home to further reinforce learned concepts.  Way to go, Bailey!  I'm so proud of you!  





Growth Mindset:

"Even if you don't win, it's good practice.  Never say winner takes all." - Carson

Namaste,
Miss Gill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog